Buyer’s guide for fixed-wing drones: What you need to know
Have you decided to invest in a fixed-wing drone for your surveying business? Good call!
Moving from using traditional surveying techniques to using fixed wing drones can actually boost productivity with as much as 800 %. This is just one of the reasons why more and more businesses decide to invest in modern drone technology – you can read more about the advantages here.
What you need to consider when investing in fixed-wing drone technology
So now that you have come so far that you have taken the decision to buy a drone for your business, the next step is to find the best solution for your business needs.
When it comes to fixed wing drones, there are dozens of options in the marketplace. Finding the right UAV is not done overnight, as there are many factors you need to take into consideration. The drone you choose for your business depends on various things, such as the complexity of your projects and what type of data that is to be collected.
Below is a list of some things to consider, which can come in handy when you are to evaluate different fixed-wing drones:
- Payload: Does the drone have flexibility concerning the payload, and what payload should you go for to be able to produce the required data?
- Take-off and landing: How does the drone take off and land? There are several different launch and landing methods, and you need to make sure the method is suitable for your needs.
- Maintenance and parts: Considering the need to routine maintenance and the risk for component failure, will there be proximity to service centers and providers?
- Software: Is the data captured in a usable format for post-processing and integration into your work process?
- Safety: Have you considered the prevailing safety requirements? Both European and American regulatory agencies have decided on a weight classification for UAVs, and they are simultaneously investigating sub categories based on impact energy.
The above list only covers a portion of the things you need to consider when looking for the best fixed-wing drone technology for your business. To help you navigate the drone jungle, we have put together a buyer’s guide that you can use as a handbook when you are to invest in fixed-wing drone technology for your business. Get it here!